Well, in honor of my 30th birthday, I decided to start a blog. It took me several years to even figure out what a blog was. But recently I have reconnected with some old friends and discovered that they had blogs. It has been so much fun hearing about their lives and seeing pictures on their blogs, that I decided this might be a good way to share more about my life with my family and friends, since I'm terrible at staying in touch through the more traditional methods. Ever since Rory started talking, I've been meaning to start a notebook and write down all the cute things that the kids say and do, but I've never quite gotten around to it. So hopefully, this will be a good way of documenting all those cute things and sharing them with the people who care at the same time. And the truth is that reading about the kids will be much more interesting to most people than reading about my life, which pretty much consists of changing diapers and sweeping the kitchen floor AGAIN. Now, seeing as I have a hard time taking a shower ever day, we'll see how well I'm able to keep up with this. But I think it will be fun.
So here's a little update on our family:
Rory is 3 1/2 and can't wait to be 4. She loves wearing dresses and helping Mommy take care of "the boys". She's a great little helper. She's such a little mother. The other day I heard her in the bathroom, telling Ethan to pull down his diaper and "do your pee in the little toilet". So now that she's got that under control I guess I can sit back and relax.

Ethan is 2 1/2 and so mischievous. If you could see his teeth in this picture, you'd see that one of his front teeth is turning brown. A couple weeks ago he fell and hit his face against the edge of his train table and apparently killed his tooth :) He's always getting into something. So fortunately for him, he has the bluest eyes in Texas and they have gotten him out of trouble more times than he knows.
Silas is 16 months old and is so cuddly and patient. And I've never seen such big brown eyes in all my life. He's a bit of a late bloomer and has always been content to just sit back and watch the world go by (which usually means watching his big sister and brother run circles around him). He's making great progress and is just on the verge of crawling. He's never met a piece of food he didn't like, and has recently discovered a great love of churros.
Eli is our newest addition. He's 2 months old and is a great baby. He's just started smiling and 'talking' a little. He is really strong and already holds his head up and tries to stand up on my lap. I can't wait to see what his personality is like. As you can see he is very tolerant of Rory's mothering.









7 comments:
Yay! Welcome to the "blogosphere." :-) You have a beautiful family... and a bravery that I will never know. Four kids under four......... :-)
Hey, honey! Welcome to the blogging world! It's lots of fun! I can't believe how fast the kids are all growing! So fun!
Yay for starting a blog!! Something tells me you won't have as much trouble as I do coming up with things to blog about. :)
I'm so glad your doing this! I loved your pics and video. Now, don't go showing me up with the blogging too!
Love!
i'm stealing one of your quotes... hope you don't mind, and thanks
Hooray!! Leanne has a blog!! I love seeing your beautiful little family . . . or not so little! I'm relieved beyond words that Silas has decided to enter the world of locomotion and motivation. Hope he doesn't wear you out now! (Oh, and I hope Ethan's tooth was a baby tooth . . . )
Happy Thirtieth Birthday, Leanne! I always think of you when we celebrate Elisabeth's birthday, and Monday was no exception. I am delighted to be able to keep tabs on your tribe through your blog. And I'm still telling people how wonderful you and Ryan were to this old lady as I navigated the Denver snow in that horrible Hyundai for Carrie's wedding!
Post a Comment