Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Today's Happenings

This morning, Silas was up bright and early, ready to greet the day. Here's little video of his latest trick. Now, he can't actually get into standing position by himself, but once I put him in position, he can hold himself pretty well. His progress is so encouraging. Just click on the arrow below the picture to watch the video. (Just in case you missed it, the bottom picture of Eli in yesterday's blog is also a video). Can any of you bloggers tell me how to rotate this -it's driving me crazy!



All of my children have a beloved animal that they sleep with. Eli is obviously not too attached to anything yet, and sleeps swaddled tight like a burrito. This morning, Eli was in the swing and Rory decided he needed to start bonding with an animal friend so she brought it to him and laid it right on top of him. Later in the day, I made an effort at being domestic and let Rory and Ethan help me make muffins - not out of a box, but from scratch, the kind where you actually follow a recipe out of a cookbook. Very exciting! To top it off, I instructed them to put a few chocolate chips on top of each muffin. Not surprisingly, as soon as I put the choc. chips on the table, Ethan, very quietly, started eating them. When I noticed what he was doing, I said "Ethan, stop eating them, put them on the muffins." Well, I guess I should have been more specific because he immediately obeyed and SPIT OUT the slobbery chewed up choc chips that were in his mouth right on top of one of the muffins :( Disgusting child! I decided that rather than try to scrape the mess off of that particular muffin, I would bake them and just make sure that he was the one to eat that muffin!
Finally, naptime arrived . Never do children look more innocent than when they are asleep. Especially, if they suck their thumbs and stick their little baby feet out through the crib slats.

No comments: