Next was Rory. Being the dramatic child that she is, everyone knows about it when Rory isn't feeling well. For the life of me, I can 't figure out how to teach the child how to blow her nose. So when she has a runny nose, I might as well just put aside any plans for the day that I had, because every 3 seconds she just starts wailing, "Mommy, I need you to blow my nose, the snogs (snot) are coming out!". So I spend all day running back and forth between the couch (where she is lying down to watch 'Toy Story' for the millionth time) and the trash can (to throw away the tissue) and then to the sink (to wash my hands) and by that time she is once again yelling for another nose wipe and by the end of the day her nose shines like Rudolph's. I try to explain that if she blows her nose, it won't get sore, but rationalization doesn't go very far with a 3 year old. So every time her nose ends up like this! When I took this picture, she said "Mommy, I can't smile, my nose is sore." 
By the way, last week Rory's cubbie's class celebrated the summer birthdays. So Rory and several others got birthday crowns. Now woe to you who dare refer to this as a mere birthday hat. It is, as Rory reminds us regularly, a crown. And in sickness and in health, she's been wearing it constantly ever since.
So on top of two sick children, I woke up yesterday morning to hear my husband calling his boss to tell him he was taking a sick day. I don't know which is worse, multiple sick children or one sick husband, much less all of the above at the same time!! Enough said. I can't say too much more about that, since unlike the children, he will probably read this :)
Now, I have somehow managed to avoid this round of the cold that is going around. But though I may not have a cold, my feet are soooo cold. We recently replaced our old nasty carpet with nice new, very cold ceramic tile. I hate wearing shoes in the house, so my poor little feet have been so cold all the time and that makes the rest of me cold. I find myself thinking up excuses to go into one of the bedrooms ( which are still carpeted ), just so my feet can warm up. It worst in the middle of the night when I have to get up to feed the baby. But eventually morning comes, then as the day goes on, the house slowly warms up. So just about the time I'm starting to feel comfortable, Ryan comes home from work, walks through the door and says "Why's it so hot in here?" and turns the air on full blast, starting the whole vicious cycle all over again!
Here's my attempt at keeping little Eli warm during the coldest hours!

And to top it all off, as we were putting the kids to bed tonight, Ethan's nose started running! Sigh!!!!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment