Ryan had apparently been coaching the children to say "Happy Mother's Day" to me, but Ethan didn't quite get the idea and kept saying " Happy Birthday Mommy" all day long :) Rory came out of church with a present for me, a plastic flower taped to a pen, which she kept taking back from me because she liked it so much. Then today she managed to untape the pen and lose it, so now all I have is a big plastic flower. Later in the evening, we took a walk along the Rio Grande (there are actually sections where it looks like a real river). While Rory and Ethan threw rocks and poked their hands into the river, Ryan and I actually managed to have some reasonably adult conversation. Then we told the kids to wash off their hands in the river, which they of course laid down in the mud to do (oh well) and we went to get some ice cream before taking our very muddy and sticky children home. Ryan was fabulous and gave them a bath and put them to bed, not to mention that I only had to change one poopy diaper all day and he took care of the rest.

Some day maybe my children will rise up and called me blessed, but for today I'll be happy with the chance to sleep in, a bowl of cereal and my plastic flower.









1 comment:
Love it!!! And no my dear, you are not the only one! In fact, I thought that I was. I look at all of the adoreable "what was done for me on Mother's Day" stories and get sad. So, thank you Leanne! You have given me hope and a laugh today!
I love you and thanks for being a great Mom to your kids!
Post a Comment